Operation Tip-Up Derby Rules
- The tournament is scheduled for Saturday, January 16th, from 12:01 am until 3:00 p.m. on The Shawano Lake System.
- This includes, Shawano Lake, Washington Lake, Loon Lake and Lulu Lake as fish-able boundaries for the 2020 Operation Tip-Up Ice Fishing Derby.
- You may fish prior to 9 a.m.; however, the fish weigh-in station hours are 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
- The derby ends at 3 p.m. and the top 3 prizes in each category will be awarded at that time.
- Entry fee for the tournament is as follows:
- Pre-Register- $20.00 Adult, $10.00 15 years and younger, $40 for family.
- Day of Derby -$25.00 Adult, $15 15 years old and under, $45 family.
- No refunds or exchanges will be given for any reason.
- All laws of the State of Wisconsin MUST be abided by:
- All contestants must have a Wisconsin Fishing License if required and observe all fishing rules and regulations.
- All State of Wisconsin laws, size limits and bag limits must be abide by during the tournament.
- Contestants are responsible for their own actions, safety and property at all times.
- Parking on the ice is at YOUR OWN RISK.
- Should inclement weather cause cancellation on January 16th, 2020, tournament will not be re-scheduled, and the prize money will be rolled into the main raffle drawings.
- The top 3 place prizes will be determined by length. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by heaviest fish by weight.
- The six species categories are as follows: Northern Pike, Walleye, Bass (Large mouth and Small mouth combined), Crappie (Black and White combined), Perch, and Bluegill/Sunfish combined.
- There are two age brackets for the 2020 Operation Tip-Up Derby. There is a 15 and under derby, and an adult derby.
- The 15 and under derby top 3 prizes will be fishing packages, and the adult derby will be cash prizes. 1st= $100, 2nd=$50, and 3rd=$25.
- Contestants must present their wrist band for proof of paid Derby entry prior to registering a fish at the weigh-in station. The wrist bands are available at the derby registration tent.
- All fish entered must be brought to the weigh-in station immediately and be alive.
- Dead or frozen fish are ineligible.
- Judges will have the right to verify that fish were legally caught.
- The decision of the judge is final.
- Contestants are responsible for verification of weight of fish at time of weigh in.
- Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest. We will have participation tickets available to place on your persons or shacks, vehicles to identify you as a derby participant.
- All contestants and other spectators hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television, or any other media.
- We will have video and cameras taking photo/video if you so choose to create an event video or photo book.
- You can use #operationtipup when posting photos.
- Contest prizes are the responsibility of the winners:
- Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental or consequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winners.
- Prizes must be claimed within 90 days of notification.
- Contestants are encouraged to park in the areas provided. Watch for signs. Contestants are encouraged to carpool and use the buddy system. There will be parking available at the Shawano Lake launches.
- Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects contestants to disqualification and removal from competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse to sell and/or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.
- There will be a leader board located in the contest area. All efforts will be made to keep the board up to date and accurate. Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge.
- 4th H.O.O.A.H., The Shawano Lake Association, and the Village of Cecil Chamber of Commerce would like thank you for supporting our efforts to protect the environment and request that you remove refuse—including cigarette butts—from the ice when you leave. Glass containers are not allowed in contest area and will be confiscated by and forfeited to tournament officials. Waste containers are provided.
- All valid contest updates available only from www.hooahinc.org
- Tournament Officials have final say in this contest.